Monday, June 27, 2011

Gold Frame's

One of my new favorite things to do is to re-finish old frames. I got these bad boys at the DI. I think the most I payed was 3$ for the larger frame and 2$ for the smaller two. All you need to do this is some Primer, I used Kiltz it's pretty expensive but it really is the best. The cheapest place to get it is Walmart. Then you'll need your paint I used a spray paint because it's easy and fast and I'm not a very patient girl when it comes to paint drying. and the last thing I used was a scotch bright pad, you could use sand paper but I felt like it would be to rough.

First you need to make sure the frame is clean, wipe it down really good and also take out the glass and picture.( if there is one)
next you prime. even for the primer I use a spray can like I said it's easy
let that dry completely
then you paint it whatever color you choose. and I usually let the paint dry over night before I distress the frame
so the next day I took the scotch bright pad and distress the edges and over the details. (the more details in the frame the better the distressing will turn out. and sorry I don't have a finished picture on the top frame but it really didn't have all the fun detail that I love so it wasn't my favorite.



















I love how this frame turned out I'll post a picture soon of it hanging om my wall.









No comments:

Post a Comment